The range of OPTEX detectors are constantly evolving, making them adaptable to the most demanding market conditions, as well as developing more reliable products against possible false alarms. That is why OPTEX has renewed its range of indoors detectors with the new FMX series. At Hommax, as an OPTEX’s distributor, we would like to inform you about the main benefits, features and functions this device can offer you.
>> What can OPTEX FMX detectors bring to you?
FMX series, based on digital detection, are made by high performance motion indoors detection optimized for installations in stores and residential areas, replacing the previous MX series based on analog detection. Moreover, FMX series complement the range where RXC detectors do not have the right scope, and where CDX exceeded the necessary requirements of installation. The following diagram can help us understand the product positioning:
Additionally, FMX series work with a new OPTEX EOL plug-in allowing an easy and quick installation:
>> How do OPTEX FMX detectors work?
FMX series use an OPTEX optical tenchnology, ‘Quad Zone Logic’, and a microprocessor called ‘CORE PLATFORM’ for analyzing the digital signal. This combination allows FMX series to improve the reliability of the detection results.
‘Quad Zone Logic’ requires that at least 4 of the 78 areas which comprise the detector get activated to generate an alarm. It also allows to cover an area of 15×15 m.
The detection process used is based on a digital detection technology improving its already outstanding reliability against false alarms. This digitalization allows to analyse and compare the signal with the wave patterns implanted on FMX series detectors.
On the other hand, that wave analyisis lets FMX series detectors control not only the trigger level, but also the frequency pattern coming from temperature changes within its detection coverage, making it able to discriminate wave patterns generated by humans from others types of patterns.
>> OPTEX FMX detectors features
Amongst the features of MFX Optex, some already mentioned above, it should be pointed out the following enhancements that enable cost reduction of assembly and maintenance:
- EOL Socket Plug-in, which offers rapid insertion of resistances.
- Silent Exit without relay, allowing a completely silent operation and avoiding the possibility of adhesion at the relay contact point.
- Advanced temperature compensation, which helps to have a better prevention of false alarms in warm conditions such as summer evenings.
- Advanced lens sealing, preventing access of insects that may cause malfunction.
- Double conductive mesh (DST FMX model only), improving the filter in the presence of visible light and RFI, which results in a reduction of false alarms.
False alarms factors as visible light perturbations and RFI can be locked thanks to the original OPTEX filter.
>> What is the range of Optex FMX detectors?
Finally, the new series of Optex FMX detectors include:
- FMX-ST: PIR detector with a reach of 15×15 m.
- FMX-DST: PIR detector with a reach of 15x15m. and double conductive mesh.
- FMX-DT: dual technology detector, PIR + MW, with a reach of 15x15m.
At Hommax Systems we are the reference company in distributing applications and electronic security products, especially CCTV, Intrusion and Fire. We are an Optex distributor, so don’t hesitate to contact us!